By: Ardis Bazyn
The Corona Virus situation is a very stressful time. With all the news and warnings, more and more people have to deal with new challenges and changes in their lives. These tips should help you adjust to the challenges a bit more easily:
1. Benefit from the support of friends and family. Talk to friends and family members about your challenges and they can either assist by giving you great ideas or just give you some mental support. I’ve found friends and family as well as my faith in God to be helpful.
2. Use humor to keep your focus positive. Read some humorous stories, find a joke website, and look at life in a humorous way when you can. Try to cheer up others.
3. Learn strategies to deal with necessary changes in your life or job. Sometimes, the easiest way to cope is by developing new skills. Learn alternatives you’ve never tried: podcasts, online blogging, webinars, etc. Talk to colleagues or co-workers to see what they are doing to complete work in a new way.
4. View challenges or obstacles as opportunities. Sometimes, our lives get in a rut. When we face challenges, we need to look outside the box. Search online for stress relievers or a new exercise program.
5. Develop Visualization techniques. When I’m having a stressful time, I like to visualize a better time, usually a future goal. Then I can set some goals and priorities and visualize accomplishment. Times change and so can you!